Saturday, January 5, 2013

If I Decide That I Want To Go With Another Nutrisystem Plan, Can I Switch?

I sometimes hear from people who aren't sure which Nutrisystem package to order. They are afraid of making the wrong choice because they are afraid of being stuck with what isn't going to work out to be the best plan for them. Some of them wonder if they can switch plans if they end up not wanting to repeat the one that they are now on.

Common comments are things like: "I have decided to go with the Nutrisystem basic plan, mostly because I want to save some money. But if I end up deciding that I want to upgrade to core or select plan, can I do that later? Will I be penalized for it? Will there be additional changes to switch over?"

Another example is: "I decided to go with the select plan for my first order. But what happens if I decide that I want to go with the cheapest plan the next time? Is there any flexibility to go with another plan?" I will answer these concerns in the following article.

You Can Change Your Plan At Any Time: First or all, you don't have to commit to anything beyond your initial order. If you choose to go month to month, you are only placing a one time order. Once you eat the food in the first order, you can then decide if you want to place another order. At that time, you are free to choose whatever plan you like, even if it differs from the one that you placed before.

Some people will take advantage of the auto ship option. This option usually gives you the best repeated discounts in exchange for automatically being shipped the foods each month until or unless you cancel. They make changing auto ship very easy because the day before the shipment is going to go out, the company emails you a reminder outlining what foods are scheduled to be sent. If you don't like your previous choice or have changed your mind, then you can take the opportunity to change this. You aren't stuck with any option that you previously made. (Although you want to make any changes well before your shipment is scheduled to go out. You are charged a fee if you don't cancel your order and then you refuse to take delivery. As of this writing, that fee is $30.)

People often ask me if it's a better strategy to start with a cheaper option like the basic or if you should just go with what you think you will like best from your first order on. There are different opinions on this. I realize that some people might disagree with me, but my belief has always been that you should always try to give yourself the best chance to succeed. If you like the frozen menu items on the select plan, then to me, it is worth it to spend a little more to get the foods that you think are going to allow you to stick with the plan. That's not to say that the basic or core menus aren't good. They are. Some folks like them very much. That's why it's important to look at all of the menus to determine which contains more of the foods that you will like.