Thursday, March 28, 2013

Some Of The Tastiest Medifast Breakfasts Today

People often contact me and ask me my opinion on what I consider to be the best tasting Medifast meals. One of the categories that I'm most often asked about is breakfast. This makes sense to me because breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and I think a lot of people share this preference. There are times when I am perfectly content to have a bowl of oatmeal or cereal for a meal or snack that falls outside of the timeframe for breakfast.

I've written in the past about what I considered to be very tasty meals within this category, but the menu has updated and improved since then. So below, I will give you my updated version of what my favorite Medifast breakfast meals are right now.

The Chocolate Chip Pancakes: The pancakes are a relatively new addition to the breakfast menu. Although I really like the regular pancakes, my favorite is this variety that also have chocolate chips. What's not to like about chocolate? They aren't very skimpy on them either. And they are pretty filling. Like many of the Medifast meals, they are only 110 calories.

The Chocolate Chip Soft Bake: I think that you're going to start to see a theme here with the chocolate, but that's OK. This item really isn't on the breakfast menu, but I believe it makes a great quick breakfast. Imagine a chocolate chip cookie with the size and texture of a brownie and this is what you would have. This item is very decadent if you heat it up and eat it warm. And it's a good grab and go item.

The Southwest Eggs: I will admit that this is an item that I will choose when I've got a little more time to sit down and eat. This isn't something that I'd typically eat on the run. But it's quite good and it's very filling. I like it a little better than the regular eggs because of the addition of the onions and peppers.

The Blueberry Oatmeal: I actually like all of the Medifast oatmeals, but if I had to choose my favorite flavor, it would be the blueberry because it is different from the cinnamon flavor and the maple flavor, which are actually pretty similar to one another. This one sticks to your ribs. But again, this is something that I generally want to sit down for a couple of minutes and enjoy.

The Cappuccino And Hot Chocolate: I know that this might sound weird, but the mixture of these two makes a wonderful breakfast when you don't really have time to eat. You will have to use half a packet each in order to make up one meal instead of two. But mixing these two together makes a concoction that tastes like a very decadent mocha coffee shop drink.

The Oatmeal Raisin Bar: When you are really in a hurry, the bars are a great choice. They are filling and quite good. I have chosen this one for a couple of reasons. First, you'd expect to have oatmeal for breakfast so it's a good fit for most people. Second, this is a maintenance bar which means that it contains a little more fat and calories. That's why you are only supposed to have one maintenance bar per day. But morning is a great time to have one of these because you're typically more hungry and you have all day to burn it off.

The Dutch Chocolate Shake: Admittedly, this is an old stand by. But it's still on my list because it is still good. Many people choose the shakes at breakfast because they are fast, they are good, and they are filling. And this one is a very popular flavor choice.